Bronchial asthma is a chronic condition characterized by inflammation and narrowing of the airways, leading to wheezing, coughing, and breathlessness. Various drugs are used in the treatment of bronchial asthma, including:
1. Bronchodilators: These drugs relax the muscles that constrict the airways, allowing for easier breathing. Examples include short-acting beta-agonists like albuterol and long-acting beta-agonists like salmeterol.
2. Inhaled corticosteroids: These drugs reduce inflammation in the airways, preventing or minimizing asthma symptoms. Examples include fluticasone and budesonide.
3. Leukotriene modifiers: These drugs block the action of leukotrienes, which are compounds that cause inflammation and constriction in the airways. Examples include montelukast and zafirlukast.
4. Immunomodulators: These drugs reduce the activity of the immune system, which contributes to the inflammation in the airways. Examples include omalizumab and mepolizumab.
The choice of drug depends on the severity of the asthma, the age of the patient, and other factors. It is important to work closely with a healthcare provider to determine the most effective treatment plan.Lacture notes downloading, Hand written notes, Pharmacy notes, MBBS notes, Study material, Dental study material, study material PDF, study material PPT, study Lacture notes, Study science notes, Drugs name, free study material PPT, PDF download Free, paramedical study notes
1. Study material
2. Download Notes
3. Free download Notes
4. PDF Document Download
5. Books Download
6. Notes free download
7. E-Books download
8. Resources for study material
9. Exams Paper Download
10. Syllabus copy download
11. Curriculum download for study
12. Practice papers
13. Question banks
14. Sample papers
15. Previous year papers
16. Study guides for students
17. Reference material for study
18. Classroom resources
19. Online courses
20. Lecture notes online download