Immunomodulators are substances that can enhance, suppress or modify the immune response of an organism. These substances can be natural or synthetic, and are often used in the treatment of immune system disorders or diseases such as cancer, autoimmune disorders, allergies, and viral or bacterial infections.
There are several types of immunomodulators, including cytokines, interferons, colony-stimulating factors, monoclonal antibodies, and vaccines:
1. Cytokines: These are proteins that are produced by immune cells, and help to regulate the immune response. Some examples include interleukins, which help to coordinate the activities of immune cells, and tumor necrosis factor, which can stimulate immune cells to attack cancer cells.
2. Interferons: These are proteins that are produced by cells in response to viral infections, and can help to prevent the spread of the virus to other cells. They also stimulate the immune system to attack infected cells.
3. Colony-stimulating factors: These are proteins that help to stimulate the production of white blood cells, which are important for fighting infections.
4. Monoclonal antibodies: These are laboratory-produced antibodies that can target specific molecules on cancer cells or other cells that are causing immune system dysfunction.
5. Vaccines: These are substances that stimulate the immune system to produce an immune response against a specific infectious agent, such as a virus or bacteria.
Immunomodulators can have side effects, including flu-like symptoms, fatigue, and increased risk of infections. They should only be used under the direction of a healthcare professional.Lacture notes downloading, Hand written notes, Pharmacy notes, MBBS notes, Study material, Dental study material, study material PDF, study material PPT, study Lacture notes, Study science notes, Drugs name, free study material PPT, PDF download Free, paramedical study notes
1. Study material
2. Download Notes
3. Free download Notes
4. PDF Document Download
5. Books Download
6. Notes free download
7. E-Books download
8. Resources for study material
9. Exams Paper Download
10. Syllabus copy download
11. Curriculum download for study
12. Practice papers
13. Question banks
14. Sample papers
15. Previous year papers
16. Study guides for students
17. Reference material for study
18. Classroom resources
19. Online courses
20. Lecture notes online download