UHUNIT UMAN NIT II: S II: S HTRUCTURAL EALTH TRUCTURAL AND D O OISEASES RGNISATION RGANISATIONININ P PLANTS LANTSAND AND A ANIMAL NIMALS 51
HUMAN HEALTH AND DISEASES
1. The term ‘Health’ is defined in many ways. The most accurate definition
of the health would be:
a. Health is the state of body and mind in a balanced condition
b. Health is the reflection of a smiling face
c. Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being
d. Health is the symbol of economic prosperity.
2. The organisms which cause diseases in plants and animals are called:
3. The clinical test that is used for diagnosis of typhoid is:
4. Diseases are broadly grouped into infectious and non-infectious diseases.
In the list given below, identify the infectious diseases.
iv. Small pox
(a) i and ii (b) ii and iii (c) iii and iv (d)ii and iv
5. The sporozoites that cause infection when a female Anopheles mosquito
bites a person, are formed in:
a. liver of the person
b. RBCs of mosquito