1. Which of following is common compound shared by TCA cycle and Urea
a. α – Ketoglutarate b. Succinyl COA
c. Oxaloacetate d. Fumarate
2. There are about ________ types of specialized cells in Human body.
a. 250 b. 350 c. 450 d. 550
3. A eukaryotic cell is generally 10 to _________ um in diameter.
a. 400 b. 300 c. 200 d. 100
4. Sub-cellular organelles are _________ in prokaryotic cell.
a. present b. absent c. both a & b d. none
5. _________ is the largest cellular organelle in cell.
a. Golgi apparatus b. Lysosomes
c. Nucleus d. Mitochondria
6. __________ is the major site for purine nucleotide synthesis.
a. Brain b. Liver C. adipose Tissue d. Kidney
7. Nucleus contains ___________ the repository of genetic information.
a. Ribosome b. DNA c. Cytosol d. Vacuole
8. The cellular matrix is collectively referred to as _________.
a. Ribosome b. DNA c. Cytosol d. Vacuole
9. _________ is the programmed cell death or cell suicide.
a. Apoptosis b. Autotosis c. Destrosis d. None
10. Carbohydrates are precursors for many ____ compound
a. Organic b. Inorganic c. both a & b d. none
11. Monosaccharides is based on which of the following functional group
a. Phenol b. Alcohol c. Ketoses d. None
12. The carbohydratet hat is taken as a reference for writing the
configuration of others
a. Dihydroxyacetone b.Glyceraldehyde
c. D-Erythrose d. D-Xylose
13. lf two monosaccharide differ in configuration around a single carbon
atom, they are known as
a. Diclomers b. Bimers c. Epimers d. None
14. The non-carbohydrate moiety found in glycosides is known as
a. Aglycone b. Agnine c. both a & b d. None
15. Citrate Synthase is inhibited by ___________.
a. ATP b. Acetyl CoA c. ADH d. Both a & b
16. Kreb Cycle is ___________ in nature.
a. Anabolic b. Catabolic c. Amphibolic d. None
17. TCA cycle is actively involved in___________.
a. Gluconeogenesis b. Phosphorylation
c. Both a & b d. None
18. One of the following enzymes in glycolysis catalyzes an irreversible action.
a. Hexokinase b. Phosphofructokinase
c. Pyruvate kinase d. All of them
19. Synthesis of 2, 3-bisphosphoglycerate occurs in the tissue namely.
a. Liver b. Kidney
c. Erythrocytes d. Brain
20. End product of glycolysis is ______________.
a. Glucose b. Pyruvic Acid
c. Citric Acid d. Glycogen
21. The hormone that lowers cAMP concentration in liver cells is
a. Glucagon b. Insulin
c. Epinephrine d. Thyroxine
22. The number of ATP produced when a molecule of acetyl CoA is oxidized
through citric acid cycle
a. 12 b. 24 c. 38 d. 15
23. The connecting link between HMP shunt and lipid synthesisis
a. Ribose b. NADPH c. Sedoheptulose7 –phosphate d. NADH.
24. The six most common atoms in organic molecules
a. C,H,O,He,Ca & S b. C,H,O,N,P & S
b. C,H,O,Mg,Mn & S d. C,H,O,N,P & K
25. The structure of proteins can be denatured by its particular
a. Heat b. The presence of oxygen
c. The polar bonds of water molecules d. The presence of CO2 gas
26. Which is a linear Polysaccharide?
a. Glycogen b. Cellulose c. Starch d.Amylose
27. Ribose is a pentose sugar found in
a. NAD b. FAD c. RNA d. All of these
28. The most abundant monosaccharide in nature is
a. Lactose b. Glucose c. Maltose d. Sucrose
29. Which of the following is a polysaccharide
a. Glucose b. Glycogen c. Amylose d. Lactose
30. The highest concentration of cystine can be found in
a. Melanin b. Keratin c. Myosin d. Collagen
31. The formation of cysteine occurs at
a. ER b. Golgi apparatus
c. Cytosol d. Mitochondria
32. Natural Lipids are readily soluble in
a. Oil b. Mercury c. Water d. None of these
33. The synthesis of glucose from fat is called
a. Glycolysis b. Krebs cycle
c. Saponification d. Gluconeogenesis
34. High content of triglyceride is seen in
a. HDL b. LDL c. VLDL d. Chylomicrons
35. The no. of double bond in Arachidonic acid
a. 1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 4
36. Two Monosaccharide’s are joined by
a. Peptide bond b. Phosphodiester bond
c. Glycosidic bond d. Hydrogen bond
37. Monosaccharides are
a. Aldoses b. Ketoses c. Both a & b d. none of these
38. The most common monomer of carbohydrate is
a. Nucleotide b. Glucose c. Amino acids d. Maltose
39. The element found in all amino acids that is not found in carbohydrates is
a. Sulphur b. Carbon c. Oxygen d. Nitrogen
40. The following substance is ketogenic
a. Fatty Acids b. Leucine
c. Lysine d. all of them
41. Hormone sensitive lipase activity is inhibited by the hormone
a. Epinephrine b. Insulin
c. Thyroxine d. Glucocorticoids
42. Hypercholesterolemia is observed in the disorder
a. Hypothyroidism c. Diabetes mellitus
c. Nephrotic Sydrome d. All of them
43. Cellular respiration is an example of
a. Endergonic Reaction b. Oxidation Reaction
c. Exergonic Reaction d. None of these
44. Nucleoside is a pyrimidine or purine base which _____________.
a. covalently bonded to sugar b. Ionically bonded to sugar
c. Hydrogen bonded to sugar d. None of these
45. A compound which found in all living cells and play key role in energy
a. ADP b. ATP c. Chlorophyll d. Granum
46. Type III glycogen storage disease is known as ___________.
a. Cori disease b. Gierke’s disease
c. Pompe’s disease d. Anderson’s disease
47. DNA replication states with
a. Small fragments of DNA b. DNA ligase
c. OKAZAKI fragments d. Small fragments of RNA
48. Each enzyme have its ______________ structure.
a. Primary b. Secondary
c. Tertiary d. Quaternary
49. Bile acid is synthesized in __________.
a. Kidney b. Liver c. Inine d. Stomach
50. ____________ is a end product of gluconeogenesis pathway.
a. Pyruvate b. Glucose
c. Bile acid d. Oxaloacetate