• To highlight the importance of hygiene and personal grooming
• We are how people perceive us
• We need to always present the best versions of ourselves especially in the
• Bathroom hygiene is of utmost importance
Your Impression Is Based On Your First Impression
38% tone, pitch &
55% appearance pace of your voice
& body language
7% what you
What is Hygiene?
• Hygiene refers to conditions and practices that help to maintain health
and prevent the spread of diseases.
• Hygiene refers to behaviors that can improve cleanliness and lead to
good health, such as frequent hand washing, face washing, and bathing
with soap and water.
• It is estimated that washing hands with soap and water could reduce
diarrheal disease-associated deaths by up to 50%.
Proper grooming and healthy personal habits can help you ward off
illnesses and feel good about yourself. Find out which personal hygiene
habits should be part of your regular routine.
1. It improves personality
2. It makes people admire at you
3. If you are clean, the action is also clean from you
4. Makes the environment clean
5. Easy flow of verbal communications and discussions
6. It helps to improve hygiene in you
7. It enhances self-discipline
8. People learn from you about your secret of success
9. You are the winner in the competitive work life
10. It reduces accidents and absenteeism
How to wash your hands?
How to clean your face?
How to take care of your nails?
How to take care of your teeth?
IMPROVING PERSONAL HYGIENE
IN THE WORKPLACE
Keep your work place clean.
Keep your tools, instruments and machinery clean
Keep your office files clean
Never allow dust accumulation
Never shy in cleaning your tables by yourself.
Use toilets in proper ways
Use more water to avoid smell and stains
Wash your hands and mouth after you use the toilet
Always close the doors of toilets
Open the doors of ventilation
IMPROVING PERSONAL HYGIENE
IN THE WORKPLACE
Don’t throw your waste eatables in your baskets
Have it disposed of properly.
Use clean water glasses
Keep your tea cups on a plastic plate
Help in maintaining your canteen clean
Don’t waste any food
Try to avoid taking full jug and drink water from it.
Remember this water is being used by all your colleagues.
Don’t waste water and use it in an economic way.
Have your table, chairs, fans, phones, etc. cleaned routinely
If you drink by using common glass, have it cleaned before and after you
What is Grooming?
The act of grooming is to make yourself look nice, neat and clean.
FIRST IMPRESSION GUIDELINES GROOMING
Hair – clean and neat
Details – no missing buttons, lint or tags
Hands – clean, manicured fingernails
Fit – clean, pressed and proper fit
Smell – little or no cologne; no cigarette odor
Breath – fresh, clean breath; use a breath mint
WHAT INFLUENCED YOU?
Apparent level of sophistication
Color of tie, shoes, dress
Apparent level of self-confidence
GROOMING CHECKLIST – MEN
○ Shower daily – Even though you know this, men tend to sweat a lot. Shower
once in the morning, once at night, anytime of the day after a workout.
○ Use deodorant
○ Shave daily
○ Change your underwear daily – In fact this also has to be changed after a
workout. Bacteria tend to grow between the webs of toes which are always
enclosed in socks and in your underwear region if not changed often.
○ Trim your nails
○ Trim all your hair
○ Make sure you have a decent hairstyle at work, go to a barber often, once
a month is ideal
Dressing Guidelines – MEN
No white socks with black shoes
GROOMING CHECKLIST – WOMEN
o Use cover-up for dark circles, it does not give a good impression to look
tired at work
o Foundation is a good idea
o Keep your hairstyle non-messy, longer than shoulder length always goes
into a ponytail with no hair in front
o Neutral shades of lipstick
o Neutral nail polish colors, no neon
o Always be sanitary in disposal of sanitary napkins
o A recent survey showed that women who wear make-up have a
competitive edge over their bare-faced colleagues
o Women who wear make-up earn, on average, 20% more than women who
wear no make-up
Dressing Guidelines – WOMEN
POOR PHYSICAL TRAITS
o Poor body language
o Body odor
o Weak handshake
o Bad behavior
o Improper hair styles
o Invasion of personal space
o Bad choice of clothes
o Unclean body
YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST
DRESS FOR SUCCESS AND YOU’LL LOOK LIKE YOU
BELONG AT THE TOP!