ODD SEMESTER (2019-20)
B.PHARM I Sem
Subject Name: Pharmaceutical Analysis I Paper Code: BP-102T
Each Question Carrying 2 Marks
1. Define normality and how will you prepare 0.1 N NaOH solution for 100 ml?(2018 –
2. Differentiate between primary and secondary standard.
3. Calculate Normality of 20 gm NaOH for 100 ml. solution. ( 2017- 2018 )
4. Calculate Significant figure of 0.1 × 0.2 and 0.1 × 0.2 and 0.1 / 0.2 up to Three
digit.(2017 – 2018 )
5. Define Primary and Secondary Standard.(2016-17)
6. How will you prepare 0.1 N Sodium Thiosulphate solutions.(2016-17)
7. Define the term Precision and adsorption indicators.(2016-17)
8. Why low twmperature is required for Diazotization Reaction.(2016-17)
9. Define Normality and End point.(2016-17)
10. What is determinate errors?(2015-16)
11. Calculate the normality of the solution when 20g of Sodium Hydroxide is dissolved
in 1 litre of solvents.(2014-15)
12. Define Titrant and Titrand. (2014-15)
13. 4.0 gm. of sodium hydroxide (NaOH) was dissolved in 500 ml. of water. Calculate
the Molarity of solution. (Na = 23, O = 16, H = 1)
14. What is meant by 0.1 N NaOH ? (2012-13)
15. What is standardization ? (2012-13)
16. How transfer pipet is calibrated ? (2012-13)
17. What do you mean by pharmaceutical analysis.
18. Name the various methods of analysis.
19. What do you mean by Molarity.
20. Define Normality.
21. Define Mass Percentage.
22. What do you mean by ppm.
23. How will you prepare 0.1 N sodium hydroxide.(1 litre)
24. Define Errors.
25. What is molar concentration? (2011)
26. Write various steps involved in volumetric analysis.
27. Define end point (2011)
28. “Aqueous solution of Ferric chloride is acidic in nature.” Why? (2013)
29. What do you understand by the term equivalent weight?
30. What will be normality and molarity of 2gm H2SO4 when diluted with 50ml of water?
31. 4 gm of NaOH was dissolved in 500 ml of water. Calculate the molarity of the
32. Define Significant number. How many significant no are present in 0.002608.(2013)
Each Question Carrying 10 Marks
1. What are the different methods to express the concentration of solution ?
2. Write a note on method of expressing concentration. ( 2017 – 2018 )
3. What do you understand by Molarity and Normality? What is the molarity of 4gm
NaOH in 100ml of water? Write the difference between molarity and molality.
4. What are the different methods of expressing concentration? ( 2016 – 2017 )
5. Write a detail account on Pharmacopoeia.
6. How wil you prepare and Standardize 0.1 N HCl. Write a short note on Limit test.
7. Write about Primary standard with suitable examples. Discuss the basic characteristic
for primary Standard.(2015-16)
8. Define normality, molarity, equivalent weight and quantitative analysis with
9. Explain various techniques used in quantitative analysis. (2014-15)
10. Classify the Error with suitable examples.(2013-14)
11. What are errors encountered in titrimetric analysis ? How will you minimise them ?
12. What is the aim of Quantitative analysis ? Mention the various methods of
Quantitative analysis. (2012-13)
13. Explain the terms precision and accuracy with suitable examples. How can you
achieve high precision and accuracy in titrimetric analysis ? (2012-13)
14. Discuss the general principles of titrimetric analysis. (2011-12)
15. What do you mean by errors. Explain its types and how will you minimize them.
Each Question Carrying 7 Marks
1. Desribe a preparation and standardization of 0.1 N oxalic acid solution.(2018-2019)
2. Define limit test and describe the limit test of chloride in detail ?(2018-2019)
3. What are errors? Desribe the method of minimizing error.(2018-2019)
4. What is the role of Quantitative analysis in quality control ? ( 2017 – 2018 )
5. What is error ? Differentiate between Determinate and Indeterminate error.
6. Discuss the significance of quantitative analysis in quality control.(2016-17)
7. Discuss the various types of errors encountered in quantitative analysis. How will you
minimize these errors? (2016-17)
8. Classify errors which affect the experimental results and discuss the various methods
to minimize them.(2015-16)
9. How will you prepare and standardize 0.1M potassium Thiocyanate. (2014-15)
10. Discuss the various types of errors encountered in quantitative analysis. How will you
minimize these errors? (2014-15)
11. Discuss the significance of quantitative analysis.(2013-14)
1. Define: (2013-14)
iv. Mole Fraction
12. Explain the term precision and accuracy. (2011-12)
13. What is the difference between Normality and Molarity?
14. Explain the limit test of Chloride.
15. Write a note on limit test of Sulphate.
16. Write about the limit test of Arsenic.
17. Write a note on limit test of iron.
18. Write a note on limit test of Lead.
Each Question Carrying 2 Marks
1. How Phenolphthalein does behave in acidic and basic medium ? (2018-2019)
2. Differentiate between leveling and differentiating effect of solvent. (2018-2019)
3. Define acid and base according to Bronsted Lowry theory.( 2017-2018)
4. Define protogenic and protophillic solvent. .( 2017-2018)
5. Explain differentiating solvents.(2016-17)
6. Explain Masking agents.(2016-17)
7. Define Non-aqueous titrations.(2014-15)
8. Write down any four indicator used in non-aqueous titration. (2014-15)
9. Write properties of sovents in used in non aqueous titrations . (2014-15)
10. Write about differentiating solvent .(2014-15)
11. Discuss monoprotic and polyprotic acid and base.(2014-15)
12. What is self indicator.(2014-15)
13. Define acid and base according to Lowry-Bronsted concept.(2014-15)
14. Draw the structure of Methyl Orange exists in alkaline medium. (2014-15)
15. “Aquas solution of Ferric chloride is acidic in nature.” Why ?(2013-14)
16. Calculate the pH of M/30 Al(OH)3 solution. (2013-14)
17. Write the name of any two adsorption Indicator. (2013-14)
18. Write down role of non-aqueous solvents in non-aqueous titration. . (2013-14)
19. Define indicator electrode. . (2013-14)
20. What do you mean by leveling effects?
21. Define pH. (2012-13)
22. Write Henderson Hasselbach equation. (2012-13)
23. What is a polyprotic acid? (2012-13)
24. What is Common Ion effect? (2012-13)
25. What is an indicator? Discuss the theories of indicator action with example.
26. Discuss the Lowery – Bronsted theory of acids and bases with example.
27. What are the universal indicators which are used generally in a reaction?
Each Question Carrying 10 Marks
2. Explain different types of solvents used in non-aqueous titrations? How will you
prepare 0.1N perchloric acid.(2016-17)
3. What are acid-base indicators ? Give the theory of acid-base indicators. (2016-17)
4. Define Non-aqueous titrations. Discuss the types of solvents and indicators used in
5. Explain non- aqueous solvents with suitable examples.(2014-15)
6. How will you standerise 0.1N perchloric acid (2014-15)
7. Give the theory of Acid Base indicator. (2014-15)
8. Classify and explain non-aqueous solvents with suitable example.(2014-15)
9. How does phenolphthalein behave in acid and basic solution ? Explain with the help
of Quinonoid theory.(2013-14)
10. What are the advantages of non aqueous titrations ? Discuss with examples.(2012-13)
11. What is a titration curve? Construct a typical such curve for the titration of strong acid
and strong base. Discuss the advantage of these curves.(2012-13)
12. Define non-aqueous titration. With the help of any one example of official compound
elaborate your answer.(2011-12)
13. Write a note on solvents used in non-aqueous titrations.(2011-12)
14. What happens when a strong acid is titrated with a Strong Base.
15. How will you choose an indicator in terms of strong acid and weak base. Mention its
principles with examples.